I’m not
the kind of mom that folds and puts away laundry daily. For that matter I’m not
the kind of mom that gets it all hung up and put away more than a few times a
month. (most months).
Following that revelation, it probably will surprise no one when I say; I’m not the kind of mom that has a company ready house most days of the week.
I’m not the kind
of mom who has it all together. Planner? What planner? Calendar? Hahaha.
I’m not the kind
of Mom that always has supper on the table between 5pm and 6pm nightly. I can guarantee
that at 8pm people will still eat, and you will have less for leftovers.
I’m not the kind
of mom that has a set in stone daily routine.
I am the type of
mom that runs through the grocery isle in search of the snacks to bring to our
homeschool coop 5 minutes after the coop has started, and we were supposed to
be there.
I am the mom in
the empty check-out lane signing the birthday card and wrapping the present we
are bringing for your kids birthday party that starts in 10 minutes.
I’m last minute.
I’m forgetful.
However…
I am also the kind
of mom that, has and will take her
children out to play in the snow, at midnight, under the stars, making the
neighbors secretly jealous because they have to sleep to get up early for work
and school.
I am the kind of Mom who loves to decorate and enjoys giving my family
a warm and cozy place to live. (when I’m not living in a tornado ravaged mess
that is.)
I am the kind of mom who makes every holiday a big deal.
I am the kind of mom who changes the paint colors on her walls all
the time and when I do I let the kids
help.
I am the kind of mom who drives around with the music blaring as loud
as my kids want it.
I am the kind of Mom who will make a different meal for everyone on
the same night.
I am the mom who will be the voice for my children if they are in a
situation where they are uncomfortable, or unable to express their feelings or
needs.
I am the kind of mom who would rather make a mess out of the house having
fun with my kids than make the house clean and ignore my kids.
I am the kind of mom who believes children should be seen and heard.
I am the kind of mom who lets children set at a table full of adults
so they can learn to be adults and interact with adults.
I am the kind of mom that started homeschooling after I realized (while
hiding a basement during a tornado) that life can be too short and I don’t want
to miss a minute of my kid’s lives.
I am the kind of mom that suggests my girls get bb guns for
Christmas. I don’t want them to be scared of guns like I was. I want them to be
safe and knowledgeable about guns. So they can upgrade from that bb gun when
they are older.
I am the kind of mom that lets the kids trash the house so they can
build 4 Barbie houses a Barbie apartment complex and a Barbie highway for their
Barbie car.
I am the kind of mom who lets my kids use up all the available memory
on my phone to make 500 Barbie movies
.
I
am the kind of mom who loves other people’s
children almost as much as my own, no matter their faults.
I'm not the kind
of mom that will point it out when your child is being naughty. Or tell you how
to mother your children. I figure you know them better than I do.
I’m
not the kind of mom who knows how
many kids another mom should have no matter how different her parenting is from
mine.
I’m
not the kind of mom that enjoys
talking behind other mom’s backs.
What kind of mom am I?
A darn good one, no matter what anyone else believes. Watch
out world. I’ve had enough of what other people think is right and I’m ready to
fully become the mom that I am despite what anyone else thinks of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment