Friday, August 19, 2011
Outing Us...
This year we have chosen to become some of those "weird,un socialized" home school families. lol. We didn't come to this decision lightly, it is something that took me a whole year to work up the courage to do. While we loved Danbury Catholic Paytins Kindergarten year, last year was a nightmare. We saw a little girl who loved school turn into someone who tried to bargain her way out of going starting the night before. First she would say she didn't feel good and when that didn't work the truth would finally come out. She was being picked on.
After a few vists with her teacher who tried to bribe her with stickers and prizes (this mama wasnt a fan but thought you have to let the teacher do somethings her way to...now I regret it...Im the Mom and I should have never settled for less then what my baby deserved.) and talking with the Principal a few times (who told me my 6 year old needed to handle things herself and that I was to much of an involved parent.) I was feed up and the more it happened and the more I got the same answer the more feed up I became. It really amazed me I thought here we are at a private school with no more then 40 kids in the whole building and they cant keep an eye on these children? (I worked at a BIG daycare durring college yes I realize they cant be everywhere but being somewhere would have been a start) We left Maple to avoid all that as well as avoid the morals that I feel lack at Maple Valley. So it has been a disappointing experience to find out that Danbury Catholic carters to these naughty trouble makers too. Seems to me that no matter what school you go to the bully and their parents always win out, the nice kid is just suppose to take it.
Im going to miss the school...we had really just started to feel at home the start of last year. But, until things change there I refuse to just get in line shut up and sit down. Im the parent and the answers were not good enough for me.
To all my teacher friends...you guys are great this in no way reflects on all teachers but is our own personal experience. End of disclaimer ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment